Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thousand Word Thursday 2

Nana,Uncle Bob and MotorbikesLady Dec 1987

Thursday has rolled around again, were I Find myself looking for a pic that means a lot to me and playing Thousand Word Thursday with toushka one of many wonderful twitter friends. The idea is to find a photo that has meaning for you, place it on your blog then write while it has meaning then to post a link to it on toushka website.

This picture was taken in Feb 2007 down in Penrith NSW at the back of Nana's place, it's of my nana, uncle (dad's side of the family) and me. The last time I saw my Nana and Uncle before this photo was taken was back in December 1987.

I love my Nana and Uncle with all my heart, I phone them every month to see how they are getting on and I am lucky enough to have a wonderful guy in my life who took me down in June 2010 for four days to see them. Every time I look at this picture all these different emotions over come me but they are all good emotions. 

Nana is in her 80's now but hopefully I will have her for at least a few more years yet when she does pass it will be a very sad day in my life.  My Uncle Bob is in his early 50's and takes really good care of my Nana.

There was 5 kids in the family all up, My dad, My Uncles Warren & Bob plus my two Aunties Patrica (she passed away while still a baby) and Roslyn. My first grand dad who I never meet passed away from a heart attack at 38 years old (when my dad was a teenager) then Nana remarried again while my father was still a teenager (before I was even born) so the guy I always knew as grand dad was in a way really my step grand dad. 

He passed away a few years back now & had a good life even fighting in World War 2 as part of the Rats of Toburk, next time we go to Sydney I'm hoping to pay a visit to his grave to take some pictures. 




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture and post!
    I have family in Penrith, amongst many other places in Sydney!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful Susan. Your Nana sounds so lovely. Glad you got to enjoy a visit with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all look so happy!
    The house behind you looks familiar to me. My first hubby was in the Army and we moved around a lot, living in Army Base housing and a lot of them looked like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comments ladies,

    Emily I to have a lot of family living around through out New South Wales.

    River the people in the house behind my Nana have been there since it was built so a very long time now

    (((( Hugs )))) everyone

    ReplyDelete